Holiday Traditions for Every Kind of Family
Couple holding gifts
Who are you celebrating with this year? Whether it is with friends, coworkers, or ALL of your large family, you can make great memories and spread a little holiday cheer.
Now, kick off the holiday celebrations with these great ideas! Remember, you can have fun without splurging. Some of the best ideas are those that spend very little to absolutely nothing. Check out these ideas below.
Celebrating with your spouse:
- Drive by local Christmas lights and give each house a score of 1 to 10.
(don’t forget the hot chocolate!)
- Go to a consignment shop and buy each other an ugly Christmas outfit. Then, that becomes your date’s outfit for the rest of the night!
Celebrating with your coworkers:
- Host a Christmas Karaoke Party!
- Volunteer together during lunch at a local food bank.
Celebrating with your friends:
- Organize a caroling party to local shut-ins.
- Be a bell ringer for the Salvation Army. Find your local Salvation Army here.
Celebrating with your community:
- Leave a small gift for your mail carrier. Leave them a bottle of water with a note and some candy attached.
- Make snack bags for local firefighters or police officers. What can go in it? Protein bars, candy, a thank-you note, tissues, and some hand wipes.
Celebrating with your family:
- PJ & Christmas movie night. Make this even more special by wrapping up a new Christmas movie for the kids to open early! Complete the night with sugar cookie-making, popcorn, and hot chocolate.
- Help an elderly neighbor together as a family. Buy their groceries, make them dinner, rake their leaves, de-ice their porch and sidewalk, etc. They’ll love the company and appreciate a helping hand.
Celebrating with your First Kentucky family:
Stress over holiday finances every year? Start a Christmas Savings account to help you save for NEXT year! You’ll automatically save a set amount to reach your savings goal before the next holiday season begins. Learn more here!
You can make a new tradition with everyone in your life! First Kentucky loves working with different kinds of families. We’re here to help you discover new ways to be smart with your finances.
The holidays are a time when people quickly get off track, even if they’ve been disciplined all year long. Remember, memories aren’t about the money spent, but time spent together. So, make memories, stay in your budget, and have a very happy holiday season!